Monday, 29 April 2013

Polished Pricetags


Over the last year nail art has rocketed sky high with new ideas and styles being launched every couple of weeks. As I’ve always been a fan of doing my nails myself I have never been tempted to look elsewhere however, this week I decided to have them done professionally.  

Having not had a manicure since a Little Lady Mani when I was around 11 I didn't really know where to start looking. I knew I wanted Shellac after hearing such good reviews from friends and family but unlike many I refuse to pay double figures for something I’m quite happy to get from a pot. Despite my endless search for a salon that wasn’t going to break the bank, the odds were clearly stacked against me as I struggled to find anyone offering less than £20. Luckily for me over the past year I have been following a local salon on Facebook who offer a number of treatments from facials to spray tanning along with a range of deals that were more than generous. 

Having seen that they were running a weekend deal on Shellac nails I decided to bite the bullet and pamper myself. Naturally, I wanted to bring a friend as being a salon virgin I wasn’t to sure what to expect but unsurprisingly I absolutely loved it! The ‘Pretty’ Salon, located in Horsforth just outside of Leeds was only a short walk away from the local station which is ideal for those using public transport. Having arrived at the salon we were greeted by very friendly staff who were intent on making our experience a pleasant one. The salons intimate size was ideal, allowing my friend and I to interact with the other clients and initiate typical girl talk about nails, handbags and fashion which was great. We were also able to choose from a range of colours and styles after being advised by the experienced staff who were more than happy to help. 

We both chose to have a Shellac manicure which was so relaxing and cost a thrifty £6.00! I was amazed when I heard the price as having researched several local salons this was by far the best deal, other salons take note! The end result is fantastic. I love the colour and it has made my nails feel so much stronger. The overall treatment was wonderful along with the idyllic atmosphere of the salon, it made the whole experience great. This is definitely something I would do again and recommend to anyone in the Leeds area as you will not regret it! 




2 comments:

  1. I really love all the color that you got. It is so pretty. I've never gotten my nails done before. I want to do a gel manicure.
    htttp://www.kittenviewsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the colour, I have had so many compliments on it! I would definitely recommend getting your nails done if you haven't before, its a great excuse to pamper yourself! :) Em x

    ReplyDelete