Sunday, 21 April 2013

Price Drop on Prints...


Recently the high streets have been bombarded by American style clothing with bomber jackets and slogan t-shirts becoming fashion must haves. Although I’ve never been a fan of having any sort of illustration slapped across my chest, least of all ‘geek’ or ‘nerd’ my opinion has changed. Obviously not in regards to both these t-shirts as they continue to provoke an annoyance every time I see one however, my opinion on illustrated tees has altered slightly. 

With a large amount of designers having huge success after celebrity interest in their brand merchandise, designers have made advertising dramatically more effective for themselves simply by slapping brand logos on t-shirts. This has been particularly successful for designers such as Hermès and Céline with several celebrities showing their affection for the brands. After Rihanna was pictured in her Céline paris t-shirt it became very popular and like most people I absolutely loved it and wanted one myself. Having looked online I discovered that unsurprisingly it came with a three digit price tag and despite Vogue describing the price as ‘not bad at all’ I take pity on anyone willing to spend $405 on a t-shirt! 


Having searched both eBay and etsy I found that replicas are widely available from £8, which cannot be sniffed at by anyone looking to save pennies! Despite replicas not being the real thing I cannot help but presume that no one wearing the t-shirt bought the real thing, so why bother? Naturally, having found a Céline tee I jumped at the chance and bought mine from ebay for £10, including postage and packaging. I absolutely love this t-shirt as it goes great with a pair of jeans or a skirt. You can also wear this as part of a casual day look or dress it up for an evening out. With this t-shirt readily availability online at a reduced price theres no excuse not to have this in your wardrobe ready for summer. 


2 comments:

  1. Great read. Love thrifty shopping, at the end of the day it's all about how it looks. Found a seven dollar dress the other day that I've had nothing but compliments on. I'll definitely be checking back to read more :)

    http://thewriteaddictions.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. Glad you have received so many compliments on your dress, its always a great feeling knowing you got yourself a bargain. Em x

    ReplyDelete