Monday, 15 April 2013

Wacky Wardrobe...



Living in a one bedroom flat in Leeds doesn’t offer a vast amount of space and being a hoarder as well as a bargain hunter does create some obvious problems. Recently I decided to tackle the flat and organise the junk I’ve hoarded over the years and revive the gems that were once forgotten. Having moved into the flat last summer and being welcomed by what was quite frankly the largest wardrobe I had ever seen I had never been happier. Yet, 6 months down the line I had noticed that it had become a place for storing items I didn’t have the heart to throw away. Having realised that my wardrobe was clearly not made for my 5ft 5 figure and was only space wasting I wanted it gone. I spent several hours sorting clothes into separate piles keep, eBay, charity shop the list was endless but after having taken several bags to the charity shop and putting half my wardrobe on eBay I was left with my new wardrobe. Ironically, I didn’t have anywhere to put my wardrobe and started to research thrifty ways to store clothes. 


Having visited several design websites I had seen a number of bedroom layouts which used clothing rails as a storage solution. Although this may have seemed obvious it was not something I had come across before. I decided to buy a clothes rail from Ikea and being a thrifter this was ideal as I definitely wasn’t going to spend an arm and a leg on something I wasn’t sure was going to work. Having bought the cheapest rail in the shop, for the first time in a while I found myself debating whether budget was best however, after putting it together and hanging up my new wardrobe it looked great! The rail had given the bedroom a lot more space as well as opening up the window area which allowed more light into the room. It also created a European feel to the room and allowed me to see the clothes I had. 



This idea was inexpensive and very effective. It has completely transformed the bedroom and revived the space to create an organised and up to date wardrobe. 

Ikea Rack - MULIG white £6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment