Monday, 20 May 2013

A bargain to better skin...


Ok so despite the fact that I have now been on O2 for about 5 years I would be lying if I said that I was a regular user of their Priority Moments. I have the app on my phone but I have yet to use it which, when I think about it, is ridiculous as they have some amazing deals! 

Anyway, while sat on a lunch break last week I received a lovely text message from O2 telling me that WHSmiths had a bag of chocolates for me as a thank you for being a customer and although I wasn’t remotely interested, it did coax me on to the app. Surprisingly, I came across some great deals that I would be interested in, one of which was a £10 discount when you spend £20 or more at The Body Shop. Now, although I love The Body Shop and its ability to lure me in with its smell of cocoa butter, it is one of those shops that I rarely look in unless its Christmas. The deal, however, was ending this weekend so I decided to go and see what was on offer. Having gone to my nearest store I was sure that once I’d chosen my products I’d be greeted with the typical response, “sorry madam, this product isn’t in the promotion” but thankfully this was not the case as the only items excluded in the offer were gift cards. After walking around the shop several times and beginning to look odd due to continuously changing my mind, I finally decided on 4 products. 

I really wanted a variety of products for skincare so tried to get an assortment of items. The first product I found was a Tea Tree skin cleanser. This caught my eye immediately as I love Tea Tree and having used it before I knew this worked really well for me. The cleanser itself is a form so its really soft and refreshing for your skin and amazing to use in the morning! Along with that I also chose a vitamin E cleansing bar as like most woman, I can occasionally dismiss my beauty regime and disregard taking care of my skin. Luckily,  this is a great way to give your skin a new lease of life and like most soaps it doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry and instead, leaves a soft and clean finish. As most people will know The Body Shop is particularly well know for their cocoa butter moisturisers and scrubs so it would have been rude not to buy one. I bought the Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub which was £5 for a small pot which surprisingly goes a very long way as you only need a small amount each time. I love this product; it exfoliates your skin leaving it really soft and more importantly it smells amazing! Finally I bought the Moringa Eau De Toilette which I really wasn’t planning on, but after spraying it on a sample card I became obsessed as I couldn’t stop smelling it! It has a really fresh smell with a hint of flowers and as it’s small, it’s ideal to keep in your handbag. 

I was so happy with all my purchases and even happier having given my O2 code to the assistant bringing the total sale to £11.00 instead of £21.00, which is amazing! This is definitely something I would recommend to anyone on O2. The app is really easy to use and can offer a great range of deals. I can also say that I am now a massive fan of The Body Shop and will most definitely be going there a whole lot more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment