Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Bargain Booties...


So, I wasn't going to write this post, I thought it was slightly irrelevant as its not like I got this thrift from a store, however, I guess it was a case of ‘in the right place at the right time’ which in fairness is what thrifting is all about.

As many people who work in fashion will know, one of the best parts of the job is a good sample sale. Unlike any other, a sample sale is the Rolls Royce of sales and blows the typical price tags out the window and replaces them with some amazing bargains that can even catch the eye of those who are impartial to a thrift! Typically the items in a sample sale can come from a range of designers and additional brands which is great as there is always a mixture of styles and therefore something for everyone! Having never previously been to a sample sale I wasn't sure what I’d find as by the sounds of it, it was going to be a fashion brawl that would end in tears. In contrast to that, it was mind blowing and with the most expensive choice being a £15 dress (which was snapped up very quickly), I was clearly in my element! Unfortunately I wasn't having a lot of luck after turning up late and despite there still being a vast amount available nothing was catching my eye! Just before I gave up to bury my head in sand at the embarrassment of getting myself so psyched up and finding nothing, I decided to look at the shoes. Thankfully I’m generally quite lucky when it comes to shoes as having small feet usually means my size is available, which in this case was correct. There was a variety of choice including some amazing platform heels which despite attracting me immediately I resisted due to my overwhelming collection at home. Instead I looked through the boots and found these gems for £5 from Crafted, a brand by Republic. I absolutely love the stud detailing on these boots and the unusual zip gives them a really unique look. I also love their ability to spice up a casual day outfit and transform it into a chic evening look. Since buying these boots, I haven't worn them half as much as I should have but whenever I do I'm always guaranteed a compliment or question about their history which I'm always happy to publicise- "£5 in a sample sale" with a grin from ear to ear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment