Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Body Shop Bullseye!


Having only just recovered from my last Bodyshop haul I was surprised to see that they were having a sale already. Having seen a number of people being drawn to the shop I didn’t think much off it as I was still pretty smug with my last bargains and almost certain that they weren’t going to be beaten. Obviously being a thrifter I’m never one to shun a sale so naturally steered myself in its direction getting more excited as I began to smell the coco butter. Having reached the store it was quite clear why the sale was drawing so much attention as they seem to have out done themselves as shelves upon shelves of soaps, moisturers and body spray had there priced slashed in the name of a bargain. I was so surprised to find out that not only were most of their ranges including their makeup in the sale but there iconic body butters which usually set you back £13.00. They had a mass of variety offering several well-known scents reminiscent of the Bodyshop and each one as tempting as the last. Despite my obvious need to stop buying body lotions and perhaps call an intervention on the matter this was a thrift, and for a thrift I’m happy to bend the rules! I was however, very sensible as despite my need to purchase one of each body butter I resisted which in hindsight was a ridiculous idea as I continue to tell myself ‘they would be fantastic for gifts’. In spite of my resistance this can only be a good thing as although I intended to cover my tracks in the idea of giving them as gifts I’m more than confident they would end up being added to my long line of moistures which drive my boyfriend more insane each and every day.

Knowing that staying strong was the best option I decided to purchase one of the many body butters available and bought this lovely sweet pea smelling moisturiser that came in a duo pot. This was ideal as it has two sides to the moisturiser one that focuses on normal skin and the other focusing on dryer and more delicate skin which in this sunny weather we’re having is always handy.  I’m loving this at the moment as it’s a really soft moisturiser that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or heavy. As well as that it also allows you to choose which side you want to use so it’s like having too completely different products. Although the Bodyshop butter usually sets you back £13.00 I was so excited to find out that they were only £5.00 in the sale! These are well made and very moisturising products that I would encourage anyone to try if you haven’t already done so and like I mentioned previously they are also fantastic gifts so definitely an item to stock up on. 

While in store I also found that a lot of the makeup range was in the sale and again at prices that no one could argue with. Although I was beyond tempted in almost all of their range I focused on the eyeliners as this was something I had been on the hunt for, for a while. Reduced from £5.00 I bought this dark brown eyeliner for £3.00 from the Bodyshop range. This eyeliner was perfect as its really creamy and bends well which was exactly what I was looking for. This is also a great product for people who have delicate skin or for those like me who are attacked by pollun for three months of the year and cannot help but cry when putting anything near their eyes! 

For anyone who hasn’t been to the Bodyshop I would most definitely recommend a visit as not only are their products great but their sales are fantastic and shouldn’t be missed!


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm relatively new to blogging too and I've been enjoying reading through your blog. I've never tried Body Shop products. I might have to swing by sometime to check out the assortment.
    Best of luck!
    xoxo,
    Jesenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm glad you like it. I just checked out yours its amazing, especially as I can't do makeup to save my life! You definitely should they have some super deals in there and all the products are are great quality.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete